Saturday, March 17, 2007

Free Association and St. Patrick's Day

Ok, this is how the thought goes...

Oh, it's St Patrick's day.

I hate green beer (when I was a teenager, my brother puked green beer all over himself and left the clothes in his closet to ferment--it was pretty hideous when we finally realized where the stench was coming from)

But I love Dublin (I remember standing in the rain in Dublin while Jessica painted lyrics on the wall where u2 once recorded--Dublin was her Mecca)

"Daniel Day! Daniel Day!" (living in a flat in London, we got word that Daniel Day Lewis owned property across the courtyard. I think we actually believed we could sweetly entice him to appear to us by yelling his name across the green)


I married a Scot-Irish. He doesn't drink green beer.

Happy Saint Paddy's Day!

No comments: