Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Life Has Changed

So, breastfeeding is way more difficult than I thought it would be. And I expected it to be difficult. I can't believe the pace. My life has been turned over to nursing. Every two hours. Sometimes 2 1/2 to 3. And that is from the beginning of the the last feeding. And I have an overactive milk let down which makes my little one is fussy and uncomfortable at the breast. We are trying to work through it but it makes me feel like crap. On top of being exhausted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard. I promise it gets better. PROMISE. There are lots of things you can do to help manage the overactive letdown. Nurse on only one side per feeding, pump a little bit to get the foremilk out before she latches. If you haven't already, check out kellymom.com for advice on all things breastfeeding.

Amy said...

Thanks Annika. When its going well its the best thing in the world. When she she has fussy feeding I feel like the worst mom in the world.