Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Breakup

My doctor broke up with me. Actually, from what I can gather she broke up with my health insurance who then notified me through a letter. So I'm like the kid of the parent who got dumped--through a letter. And I'm heartbroken because I really liked my doctor. She was great. She always had time for me. She returned my phone calls promptly. She was professional and thorough.

I sensed bad things ahead when my employer switched to a new health care provider (from Healthnet to PacifiCare) last year and I had to do a lot of investigative work to even keep her as my doctor. But I prevailed, found out her number through covert means and got to keep her. And all was well. I've had several sucky not to mention embarrassing health experiences this year so I was all happy that I had been able to keep my doctor.

And then I got this horrible letter from this crappy new health care company beginning: RE: Physician Termination. It goes on to say that my doctor is no longer contracted with them. At the bottom it gives a number to call if I have any questions or concerns. So I called with some questions and concerns and was told they could not answer any of my questions or concerns!!!!!???????

On top of that they selected a new doctor for me. I'd gone to this doctor before when my doctor was out of town. This was because I had a wicked sinus infection and needed to see anybody. He prescribed antibiotics which killed the infection but left me with a number of issues down south that I would not want to go to a male doctor to discuss--particularly a male doctor with a moustache. It's not that I have anything against male doctors, I just don't want one for my primary care doctor because most of my issues are freakish female issues that I prefer to talk about with a female.

Anyway, it just sucks to be dumped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. It's next to impossible to find a decent doctor as it is.

Anonymous said...

Hellо theгe! Do you knοw
if theу mаkе anу plugins to help with SЕO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm nоt seeing verу
good ѕucceѕs. If you know of any рleaѕe shаre.

Тhanks!

My web pagе :: dallas seo company

Anonymous said...

Excellent way of ԁеѕcгіbing,
anԁ pleasant article to οbtaіn fаcts concerning my presentаtion ѕubϳect matter, which i
am going to deliveг in uniѵersіtу.


Alsо vіsit mу web blog - austin Real Estate virtual assistant